The application deadline for the Master of Mathematics for Teachers (MMT) program is June 15. The program has one admission cycle per year, and due to the sequence of courses offered, students must begin the program in September.
The following admissions criteria must be met in order to be eligible to apply:
- Four-year degree (or equivalent) with sufficient university-level mathematical background (normally at least three or four university-level mathematics courses).
- Have at least one year of prior work experience in education, with preference given to those actively teaching in mathematics, science or computer science at the time of application.
- Provide certification of English language proficiency through one of the accepted examinations if you (a) have not completed three or more years of post-secondary work at a Canadian institution or at an institution at which English was the primary language of instruction, or (b) have not been employed for a similar period of time in a position in which English was the primary language.
Applicants apply to the MMT program through the University of Waterloo’s online application system. The following documentation must be submitted through the online application system by June 15th:
- Academic transcript from each post-secondary institution that you have attended (past or current). Each transcript should show all courses and marks, along with the transcript legends/keys/grading scales, and where applicable, date conferred. All post-secondary education (universities and colleges) must be declared on your online application. This includes incomplete studies and transfer credit courses.
- Two professional letters of reference from school administrators, department heads or senior colleagues.
- Curriculum vitae/resumé indicating your relevant academic and professional experience.
Reference forms and letters must be completed by your referees through the online system. Please ensure that you provide your referees with adequate time to complete this process prior to June 15. Late or incomplete applications will normally not be accepted.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply through the University of Waterloo’s online application process.